Hypomania is nice but it usually ends in a big crash hangover

Right, obviously I was in hypomania mood when I start writing this Blog. Probably I still am but I’m kind of rapid cycling back and forth between hypomania, normal and depression. When I’m in hypomania my brain goes 100 miles per hour and I’m very productive and creative. For work this is great as I get things done very easy and can focus. I can absorb myself for hours into an activity. My focus is heightened, creativity is high and ideas flow easily. You can compare it to the hyperfocus in people with ADHD. Similar but not quite the same as hypomania is a more elevated mood. With hypomania I can operate at an extremely high level of energy, excitement and creativity for days, weeks and sometimes months at a time. I can become so absorbed in work or an activity that I can become kind of distraction proof. I sleep less, eat less but have more energy. I even have times that I get up in the middle of the night or pull over in traffic to write down some idea.


However hypomania usually ends in a big crash hangover feeling that can last for days even weeks. Normally I end up feeling extremely exhausted and all I could do is sleep, drink, eat and more sleep. I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. After this crash my mood can drop fast into depression. And when depression knocks on my door it can be terribly deep and long.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference Bipolar and ADHD disorder

Special People

Why I call myself Adrenaline Junkie?