Family

Scientists have long recognized that many mental disorders tend to run in families so suggesting potential genetic roots. I agree that this might be true in many cases. In my case I reckon that in my family we have many family members with “issues”.

I'm only child father side and grew up with no love or attention of a mother; she was kind of non-existent and actually still is. I remember I spent most of my childhood craving for her love and attention but did not get any. My mother did never gave me any affection or showed any interest in my activities. She never attended school reunions, graduations, sport activities, birthdays or anything else important in my life. The only times she showed some interest or worry is when I was sick or in hospital or when I did something erratic or wild. But this had more to do with keeping face towards others. Thank God I have a dad that has always been there for me. My dad was the one that filled my mother’s absence in every aspect. He is the most loving person I’ve ever known in my life and has been there for me 100% in good and bad times. If it was not for him I probably have ended at the wrong side of life. Besides my dad I'm lucky to have a loving half sister, loving aunts and uncles, awesome cousins and a niece and nephew that love me to bits. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference Bipolar and ADHD disorder

Special People

Why I call myself Adrenaline Junkie?